NFS: The Run Crashes, Errors, Freezing, Lagging, Race wheel controls, Autolog Connection, CTD

« Older   Newer »

1.     Mi piace  

'Non č tanto chi sei, quanto quello che fai, che ti qualifica.'

Group
    Direttore

Status
    Fixing Need For Speed: The Run (NFS: The Run) Crashes, Errors, Freezing, Lagging, Race wheel controls, Autolog Connection, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound

628145_207453
    Fix Need For Speed: The Run crashes, errors, race wheel controls, connection and lag issues and other problems with this working solution list. As a fan of law-breaking racer/driver games, NFS: The Run is surely worth picking up — especially with the awesome rendering of the relatively new Frostbite 2 engine. Of course, Need For Speed: The Run is not without typical game-breaking PC crashes, so here we’ve compiled a list of working fixes to help you out. Be sure to read through; if you’re encountering issues not listed here please post them in the comments section so we can help out.

First things first, make sure your PC system meets the minimum requirements for Need For Speed: The Run.

Minimum System Requirements

CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equal AMD
    RAM: 3 GB
    HDD: 18 GB free disk space
    Graphics: 512 MB Graphics Memory
    DirectX: Version 10
    Network: 512 KBPS Internet connection or better

Recommended System Requirements

CPU: 3.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad or similar
    RAM: 4 GB
    HDD: 18 GB free disk space
    Graphics: 1 GB Graphics Memory
    DirectX: Version 10/11
    Network: 512 KBPS Internet connection or better

Supported Graphics Cards:

Minimum – NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT or ATI Radeon 4870
    Recommended – NVIDIA GeForce GTX560 or ATI Radeon 6950

Need For Speed: The Run Crash Fix and Fixes to Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound

Problem #1 Need For Speed: The Run Crash Fix – Crash to Desktop upon Launch / Startup

If you’re game randomly crashes upon launching the game, ensure or try the following:

1. Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for download links.
    2. Turn off SLI / Crossfire
    3. Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the game, but make sure you turn it back on after playing.
    4. Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your graphics control panel)
    5. Disable anti-aliasing and filtering
    6. Disable V-sync
    7. Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
    8. Disable visual themes and disable desktop composition (see solution below for steps to do this)
    9. Run through our list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your problems

Problem #2 Need For Speed: The Run Crash Fix – Disable visual themes and desktop composition

To disable visual themes and desktop composition when running NFS: The Run, follow these steps:

Right-click on NFS: The Run exe file / shortcut
      Click on the Compatibility Tab
      Place check marks on both Disable visual themes and Disable desktop composition
      Hit Apply, then OK
      Start NFS: The Run

Problem #3 Need For Speed: The Run Crash Error – “Need For Speed: The Run has encountered a problem”

Try the solutions above, but also try renaming/removing the config xml in your installation folder (make sure you back it up first), and run NFS: The Run once more.

If you’re on Quad Core, try this fix:

Start the game
      Alt+Tab Out of the game
      Open Task Manager
      Right click on NFS The Run.exe
      Set Affinity
      Select core 0 and 1 only. You need to run the game on two CPU’s basically, so to avoid the crash to desktop.

Problem #4 Need For Speed: The Run Connection Fix – Problem connecting to Autolog servers

If you cannot connect to autolog, run command prompt as Administrator and run the following command:

CODICE
    netsh int tcp set global encapability=disabled

Problem #5 Need For Speed: The Run Install Error: “Need For Speed: The Run Install Fails, Cannot Install”

This is a Microsoft C++ bug so the quick fix is to uninstall your C++ files. If you see 2 instances of Microsoft C++, uninstall both of them; and don’t worry, they are easy to reinstall. There are also a couple workarounds online if you don’t want to uninstall them.
    Problem #6 Need For Speed: The Run Game Freeze Fix – Game Freezes during the Intro Video

If you’re using Steam, a quick

solution is to verify the integrity of your Steam game cache to resolve the problem. If it persists, ensure that both your graphics drivers and DirectX are updated. Doing both will mostly reduce the occurrences of Need For Speed: The Run freezing.

Problem #7 Need For Speed: The Run Crash Fix – Game crashes when launching / upon launch

This is a typical DirectX problem. Just update to the latest DirectX version and voila.

Problem #8 Need For Speed: The Run Graphics Fix – Cannot see main menu, Menu crashes, Dual monitor problems

A common problem when playing on multiple screens. For now, the solution is to unplug other monitors and play on single screen. If that doesn’t work, try playing in windowed mode.

Problem #9 Need For Speed: The Run Crash Fix – nVidia Optimus Crashes the Game

If you’re using a newer laptop that’s using an nVidia Optimus card, try checking your Optimus settings.

Open the “nVidia Control Panel” from your start menu.
      On the lefthand side, under “Select a task…”
      Open the “3D Settings” tree, and select “Manage 3D Settings”
      On the righthand panel, click the “Program Settings” tab.
      Under “1. Select a program…”, click “Add”, navigate to your installation folder and navigate to the application / exe file.
      Under “2. Select the preferred graphics…”, choose “High-performance NVIDIA processor”
      Then (VERY IMPORTANT!) click “Apply” in the bottom right.
      Launch the game.

Problem #10 Need For Speed: The Run Sound / Audio Fix – No sound or weak sound

For Windows 7 and Vista users:

First of all, update your sound card drivers. If doing that doesn’t clear up the problem, make sure you have volume set to max for Need For Speed: The Run in the volume mixer (click on the little speaker icon in the bottom-right of your screen in the system tray). If you’re in-game, just alt+tab out of the game and check if Need For Speed: The Run is set to max in the volume mixer.

Another tip you could try is to go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Communications Tab then select the “Do Nothing” radio button to permanently fix this issue.
    For Windows XP users:

Reduce hardware acceleration, or set your speakers to Stereo.

Problem #11 Need For Speed: The Run FPS Fix – Need For Speed: The Run Lags, freezes, or has poor FPS performance

Disable vsync and antialiasing on the game’s exe file after enable/force antialiasing on AMD Vision Engine Control Center (AMD/ATI) or Nvidia Control Panel (nVidia), finally enable/force tripple buffering and vsync on D3DOverrider. Check our technical references page to download D3DOverrirder / RivaTuner.

Alternatively, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to bring up the Task Manager, go to processes, select the game’s respective exe file and set priority above normal or higher. You must do this everytime you play the game.

In addition, your anti-virus may be the problem here. There are certain anti-virus software that are not ideal for gaming so, check our technical references page for some suggestions.

Finally make sure that your internet connection is stable. This is a commonly overlooked problem.

Problem #12 Need For Speed: The Run – Cannot Install Need For Speed: The Run

Please ensure that you’ve uninstalled Need For Speed: The Run from your PC, then try again.

Problem #13 Need For Speed: The Run – Crashes on Car Selection Screen

For some reason, try running the game in XP or Vista SP2 compatibility modes and it should work. Otherwise, please check the solutions in Problem #1.

That’s all the Need For Speed: The Run crash fixes we have for now, but we’ll post more as soon as we get more information — Let us know if you’re encountering other Need For Speed: The Run problems and we can help you out in the comments / forum section below.

2. m7md_k9
        Mi piace  

User deleted

when i play the game it gust give me pic
    with no error so plz help me

3.     Mi piace  

Group
    Direttore

Status
    Try to update your vga driver, directx (the latest are DirectX® End-User Runtime April 2011). Try also to run the game as administrator

4. m7md__k9
        Mi piace  

User deleted

same friend
    nothing happend
    just that pic and no thing after

5. c2d22
        Mi piace  

User deleted

QUOTE (m7md_k9 @ 18/11/2011, 01:44) 

Want a fix
    finally i fix that long loading problem
    download this file and copy data file in ur nfs run folder
    jumbofiles(dot)com/5w3twnfk4fcr
    Mirror links
    multiupload(dot)com/89YHHHLJ6U

6. Ubby
        Mi piace  

User deleted

Thanks c2d22

7. Sinusoidal Sinister
        Mi piace  

User deleted

I have a 15" MacBook Pro 2011 with ATI 6750M graphics card. When I launch the game, it gives me an error stating that I need at least 11.7 catalyst drivers, and the current version installed is 11.6. I have tried everything to update them, but they don't. Any way to bypass this check?

8. Ubby
        Mi piace  

User deleted

http://gamingeoc.forumfree.it/?t=58847913 download Here!and anyway if you say that you have 11.7 then you have that:)

9. Lacoonoo
        Mi piace  

User deleted

Quick Question.
    Anyway to Bypass the Graphics Card Check
    I'm Running a Quadro FX 4600, which actually does pass the minimum specs to the run the game, But the game refuses to load saying I don't have the latest drivers, which I do for that card

Running 276.28 Drivers (Latest for the Card)
    Game asks for 285.38

10.     Mi piace  

Group
    Direttore

Status
    Install these :
    GeForce 285.79 beta for desktop GPUs: [Windows 7/Vista, 32-bit] [Windows 7/Vista, 64-bit]

11. LimitLess
        Mi piace  

User deleted

I kept getting the same black screen and then the message that the program was not working properly. I fixed the Affinity to 0-1, was lagging like crazy. Then the screen starts going out of control, mostly the screen is green. I tried reloading it, wouldnt work...would crash back to the same screen of 'not working properly'. Just got this game, need help ASAP :/

I also updated Nvidia cards to latest, tried previous versions...no luck.

12. Gywachius
        Mi piace  

User deleted

QUOTE (m7md_k9 @ 18/11/2011, 01:44) 

same problem with me. tried everything, updating latest video drivers, directx etc.
    running on Geforce 8800 GT. other games runs smoothly (Skyrim, COD MW3, Crysis 2 - which has high graphics) pls help somehow.. :/

13. Ubby
        Mi piace  

User deleted

Gywachius check here check here and enter the name of your game, after you should say what your problems

14. GWT7
        Mi piace  

User deleted

I have a problem too. I had random crashes during Stage 0, but I managed to pass it. Now im stuck on a different problem - the game crashes in the middle of the loading screen of Stage 1 (the one where you have to go to LA). Any ideas how to get it going?
    My specs are:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
    1GB - 310M Nvidia card (latest drivers of it are 285.62 - instaled)
    3GB of RAM
    i3 processor 2.4GHz
    Directx 11 (although ive never updated it or anything. I didnt think it needs one and still dont know if it does...)
    Thanks for any advice you may provide.

15. G77
        Mi piace  

User deleted

I have problem...run nfs the run and when I launch the game, it gives me an error stating that I need at least 11.7 catalyst drivers, and the current version installed is 11.5...and I download 1.7 install but it gives me again Detected AMD Radeon driver version 11.7 The recommended driver version is 11.7 Please update drivers at htpp://www.amd.com/before playing the game...:S WT* ?? helppp

36 replies since 16/11/2011, 15:45   28083 views